Want To Get Inside The Minds Of World-Class Athletes?
In this episode, I’m joined by Lauren Johnson. After getting her masters in performance psychology, Lauren found herself working a Starbucks drive-through until a comment from a customer set her on a different path that eventually led to her spending over 5 years as the Mental Conditioning Coordinator for the New York Yankees, where she was the go-to resource for players and staff when they needed to improve their mental state to perform at peak levels.
Lauren now trains professional athletes, military personnel, and business professionals through national speaking engagements, educational training workshops, and consulting. Her practical, straightforward advice and mental performance strategies help individuals develop mental toughness so they can perform their best regardless of circumstance.
If you want to know how the best athletes in the world think and operate differently than most people, this episode is for you.
In This Episode
You Will Learn:
- How one conversation at a Starbucks drive-through changed her life
- Why pain is often the key to progress
- How to overcome negative self talk that keeps you from taking action
- The surprisingly simple tools that the world-class athletes use
- How our brains tricks us into complacency and how to change it
- Why it’s easier to get to the pros than to stay there
- How to break out of a slump
- Why she took the leap and left her dream job with the Yankees
Get More Involved in the Not Most People Community
- Leave A Review & Subscribe On iTunes
- Join The Not Most People Insiders
- Follow Not Most People On Instagram
- Join The Not Most People Facebook Group
Connect With Lauren Johnson
Connect With Bradley
Subscribe to Not Most People And Never Miss An Episode
Subscribe to the show on your favorite platform. Join the Not Most People movement and live a life most people never will