Have You Ever Lived Or Traveled Overseas?
In this episode, I’m joined by Anne Lorimor, one of the most impressive and genuine people I’ve ever met. She is a Guinness World Record Holder, keynote speaker, and philanthropist.
Anne was born at the beginning of the great depression as the oldest of 10 children. Despite growing up poor, she went on to earn a B.A. in Journalism, B.S. in Nursing, R.N., M.S. in counseling, M.S. in health education, and Ph.D. in mass communications.
Then in the early 80’s she was diagnosed with lymphoma. She managed to beat it.
And then in 2015 at 85 she summited Mt. Kilimanjaro (the highest peak in Africa and the highest single free-standing mountain in the world) to become the oldest person to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro. But then someone beat her record so she decided she had to take it back and climbed it again at the age of 89. It took her 9 days to reach the top (with 3 broken ribs).
Her motivation was raising money for her nonprofit foundation Creating Exciting Futures which seeks to help give every child the chance to reach their full potential.
In addition to that, she recently climbed Machu Pichu and she has traveled to over 100 countries.
In This Episode:
What You’ll Learn:
- How Anne beat cancer in an unconventional way
- Why you shouldn’t ignore cliche sayings
- How Anne managed to climb Kilimanjaro (twice) in her late 80’s
- How living and traveling overseas will change your life
- Why you’re truly never to old or young to accomplish your goals
- Simple principles to stay happy and healthy no matter your age
- How to walk the fine line between calculated risk and recklessness
- The difference between a hand up and hand out
Connect With Anne Lorimor
Connect With Bradley
👇 SUBSCRIBE TO THE NOT MOST PEOPLE PODCAST & TURN ON NOTIFICATIONS 👇
🚀 Want to connect with Exceptional People and Level up your Life?? 🚀
🤜 Check out The Not Most People Alliance
→ CONNECT WITH NOT MOST PEOPLE ON SOCIAL MEDIA: ←
Subscribe to Not Most People And Never Miss An Episode
Subscribe to the show on your favorite platform. Join the movement and live a life most people never will