Why Do So Many People Struggle To Lose Weight?
Dr. Gabrielle Lyon is a functional medicine physician specializing in the concept of muscle-centric medicine, which focuses on the largest organ in the body, skeletal muscle, as the key to health and longevity.
She is the private doctor to the mavericks innovators, leaders, and game-changers.
Her specialty in Muscle-Centric Medicine® has led her to be featured on “The Doctors”, with published articles in Muscle and Fitness, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, and Harper’s Bazaar.
Her patients also include elite military operators such as Navy SEALS, Green Berets, Army Rangers, and Canadian Assaulters, who benefit from her whole-body, whole-person approach.
Tune in as we discuss why muscle and animal protein are actually key to optimal health and longevity, even though plant-based diets are becoming more and more prevalent.
In This Episode:
What You’ll Learn:
- The best diet for increasing longevity
- How most people think of body composition wrong
- Why lean mass is a better indicator of health than almost anything else
- How your first and last meal of the day are the most important and how to structure them
- The real difference between plant and animal protein
- Why she decided to go into medicine at such a young age
- If there is such a thing as having an unhealthy amount of muscle
- Why muscle is the organ of longevity, contrary to popular belief
- Why BMI is a terrible indicator of health and body composition
Get More Involved in the Not Most People Community
- Leave A Review & Subscribe On iTunes
- Join The Not Most People Insiders
- Follow Not Most People On Instagram
- Join The Not Most People Facebook Community
Connect With Dr. Gabrielle Lyon
Connect With Bradley
Subscribe to Not Most People And Never Miss An Episode
Subscribe to the show on your favorite platform. Join the movement and live a life most people never will